Does Les Mills Pump Work?
Beachbody Les Mills Pump Review
If you are looking for a fast way to fire up your metabolism while adding some lean mass, then Les Mills Pump may be the workout for you. This is a seven DVD workout program in which you need only invest three days per week to get truly amazing results. Does Pump work? There is plenty of evidence that working out with weights and high reps can increase human growth hormone (HgH).
This program utilizes what they call the ‘Rep Effect’ whereby you end up doing anywhere from 50 to 80 reps in certain moves – typically lower body leg and glute work. These large muscles can take the high reps and you get stronger and leaner.
My Les Mills Pump Review:
This program comes with a barbell and some modest weights (5 & 10 pound plates). The weights are perfect for those who have been doing some exercise routinely. However, you may need to invest in lighter weight plates if you are a beginner and/or heaver plates if you have been committed to a reasonably intense resistance program for awhile.
The trainers are all remarkably buff, upbeat and actually pretty good at maintaining a good line between saying things to keep you motivated alternating with discussions about proper stance and form. The music is good and the workouts seem to go fast despite going through sessions of 50+ reps of squats and other leg and butt moves.
I’ve heard some complaints about the barbell. I found the barbell to be extremely easy to assemble (you screw to parts together) but had an initial issue with the plastic clips that the plates on the bar. I did have to use my foot with full body weight to get the clips to fully close the first time I put them on which seems to be the main point of the barbell complaints. However, once I got the clip to close fully that first time, I was able to take it off and on without any issues. I also had purchased an additional barbell from Walmart so two of us could workout at the same time and let me assure you that the quality of the Beachbody barbell is higher than the Walmart barbell.
Overall, I really like Les Mills Pump. I own a LOT of Beachbody workout programs and of them all this is the only one that has actually challenged my long standing love of P90X. My only suggestion is that a 2.5 lb plate be also included in the kit which would be a nice place to start a beginner and, when coupled with the 5lb and 10lb plates, provide a number of ways to slowly increase the weight as you grow more fit.
- PUMP CHALLENGE. Start firing your muscles with fundamental resistance exercises that will give you visible results in no time. (20 minutes)
- PUMP AND BURN. Feel the burn with compound moves that work several muscles at once to scorch fat and calories. The bigger the burn, the bigger the results. (30 minutes)
- PUMP AND SHRED. Start shredding while you build endurance and churn through fat stores with each repetition. THE REP EFFECT™ is in full effect here. (45 minutes)
- PUMP REVOLUTION. Drive your heart rate up with quick tempos and big moves like power presses and power lunges. This is calorie burning and lean muscle building at its best. (55 minutes)
- PUMP EXTREME. Weights won’t be the only thing lifted here as you focus on intensity and targeted muscle training in this extreme workout. (55 minutes)
- FLOW. Increase flexibility, decrease soreness, and improve your alignment as you stretch and lengthen your entire body. (20 minutes)
- HARD-CORE ABS. Carve out your core and define your back with moves that hit your muscles from every direction. It’s 360-degree training for your entire midsection. (20 minutes)
- Plus, PUMP BASICS. Learn how to assemble your barbell, adjust your weights, and get proper grip and stance techniques to get the most out of your LES MILLS PUMP workout program. (10 minutes)
Equipment to build your perfect body:
- Barbell. The ultimate body-transformation tool that’s the secret weapon to accelerate your strength training and fat loss. This barbell has a padded grip designed for comfort, and it’s easy to assemble and store.
- 2 5-lb. and 2 10-lb. weight plates. Add intensity to your workouts by adjusting your weight load. These vinyl-coated plates make it simple to create the ultimate body-shaping challenge.
- 2 safety clips. Hold the weight plates tightly on the barbell so your body remains balanced and stable throughout your lifts. Easy to put on and take off during workouts.
Plus, get incredible tools to maximize your LES MILLS PUMP workout:
- Lean, Strong & Unstoppable Fitness Guide. Map out your 90-day transformation with this step-by-step guide. It includes a workout calendar, a chart to track your weights, and training guidelines for your best results.
- Get Lean Nutrition Guide. Fire up your metabolism using this 3-phase nutrition plan. With more than 50 delicious recipes and customizable meal plans, you’re on your way to big-time fat loss and a lean, strong body.
- Tape measure and measurement tracker. Track your progress and watch the inches melt away through each phase of your LES MILLS PUMP transformation.
And 3 FREE bonuses for faster results:
- 7-Day Jump-Start. Kick off fast fat loss with this safe and effective 7-day healthy eating plan. Easy meals and snacks will keep your energy up as your waistline shrinks.
- Get Lean Nutrition Guide. Learn how to fuel your body for maximum endurance and fat loss. Mix and match these real-food recipes to satisfy your stomach and your taste buds.
- FREE online support. Get FREE 24-hour access to TeamBeachbody.com, where you can get diet and fitness advice and incredible peer support.
LES MILLS PUMP is a physically demanding home fitness program that requires proper and careful use of fitness equipment. Please consult your physician before beginning this or any exercise program.
THE REP EFFECT™ is a trademark of Les Mills International Limited and is used under license.Google+