Hi Teresa, In the end, this comes down to …
Hi Teresa, In the end, this comes down toOct 2nd, 2010 | By Nancy Andrews | Category:
Comment posted If I want to lose weight, should I do the ‘Classic’ or ‘Lean’ P90X routines? by Coach Nancy.
In the end, this comes down to what you and your husband really want. When total health, vitality as well as having a lean body are one of your top priorities in life, you’ll both be able to commit to a diet. Although not enough people exercise, getting the exercise done is actually the easy part. An hour a day and… poof!… you are done. Managing what you eat, is for most of us a 16 – 18 hour a day job.
The truth is that you are eating about the right amount of calories… except when you don’t. I’m not at all sure how often that is. Your husband should be eating in a 2200 – 2500 range but I’m guessing he’s eating more. As for eating healthier, that’s great but what does that really mean? (Don’t answer me – my question is rhetorical)
You can read my post at http://www.pressplayfitness.com/06/my-p90x-diet/ and make all the appropriate calculations. If that’s too much work for you, then just follow these simple guidelines and I guarantee you, you’ll be eating healthy:
6 Days a Week:
1) No Sugar, no fruit juice, no alcohol, no diet pop, no dried fruit, no cereal (excludes old fashioned oatmeal). The sugar ban is big and, of course, includes any food made with added sugar, fructose, honey or sugar by any other name.
2) Only 1 serving of breads/grains/potatoes or other starchy foods per day. Breads should be restricted to my list at http://www.pressplayfitness.com/members/forum/#topic/Bread.htm. Rice needs to be brown rice.
3) Only 1 serving of organic dairy a day.
4) Eat lean meats. About 3oz – 5oz at dinner for you and 6oz – 8oz for him. Eggs are good eats as well. You may (and in my opinion should ) eat whole eggs, not just the egg white. 2 – 3 eggs for you and 3 – 4 eggs for him.
5) Consume 1 – 2 protein shakes a day. Get a high quality whey protein isolate like IsoFlex which mixes well with water (as well as being a great value when purchased at the 5lb size). Your husband could add a little organic milk to his (6oz water + 3oz milk works well if you mix the protein with the water first and then add in the milk)
6) No more than 2 organic fruit servings per day. Restrict fruit choices to berries (any kind of berry is fine), cherries, apples, pears, apricots, and grapefruit.
7) Eat at least 1 salad a day using organic greens (2 salads a day is better). Use low fat organic salad dressing. You may also add in tomatoes, peppers and even avocado (yes I know it’s high fat but this is so good for you, it’s OK) and make it all organic.
Eat at least 1 1/2 cups of veggies at dinner (no corn, no peas, and limited use of carrots). I am a bit loser here about organic because it’s hard to find frozen organic veggies.
1 Day Per Week:
Eat and drink anything you want and eat and drink as much as you want. Go big! I typically eat about 1500 calories a day and when I hit cheat day I eat over 3000 calories a day. There are a number of physiological and psychological reasons to eat big on cheat day which I cover in my article I linked to.
powered by SEO Super Comments